Search Engine Marketing?
1. Marketing your website on the search engines is sometimes more cost effective providing a much higher ROI compared to most offline marketing methods.
2. You have the ability to promote your business Locally, Nationally and even Internationally.
3. The ability to target directly the people who want and need your product or service.
4. Depending on your industry and geographical target area(s) you have the ability to send a large amount of visitors to your website.
5. You can build up a strong brand awareness. If done correctly your brand (business or company name) could be seen many thousands of times per day.
6. Unlike an advertisment in a newspaper or magazine (unless you are paying a serious amount of money), search engine marketing has a long term future as long as you conform to all the online guidelines.
7. SEM takes less time than doing traditional SEO. SEM is great for people who lack patience and have extra money to burn.
However we should note that money wise SEO (Search Engine Optimization) may take more time and patience, but it also produces MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK.