Search Engine Friendly Website Design is a rarely used skill in the website design industry because so many designers these days want to use Flash and know nothing about making a website Search Engine Friendly.
Here is a few pointers to make sure your website is search engine friendly are:
1. Make sure you do not have any dead links. These are old links on your website that points to pages that no longer exist.
2. Build an internal multiple linking structure. By this we mean, do not just have one single link going to any one page. Link to other pages from the content your website making sure the words you are linking actually relate to that page.
3. Do not use a flash buttons to link to other pages on your website unless you have a second standard form of linking structure.
4. Every single page on your website must be accessed within three clicks maximum.
5. Make sure that every page on your website loads fast. The search engines are not going to stick around if it takes too long to load your website or pages.
To learn more on this topic read Search Engine Friendly Website Design.